Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas preparation - a couple new traditions


I decided this year we should make it a tradition to go get our Christmas tree the weekend following Thanksgiving. Then we can enjoy it the whole month of December.
We got the biggest tree that we have ever gotten and I think the strongest smelling. Andy loves real trees because of how they smell, so he definitely picked out a good one. He was joking about how he put an air freshener in the tree so it would smell really strong.

We also made an advent calendar this year. I remember my best friend growing up having one similar to this that they put stickers on every day leading up to Christmas. I always thought that it was really fun. So we made our own version. The little "presents" are filled with stickers for Hannah to put on the tree every year. It turned out pretty good for our first attempt.

We could not have asked for better "helpers" to help us put up all of the Christmas decorations.

No comments: