Friday, November 12, 2010

Cassie's 30th Birthday


Andy did a fabulous job this year planning my 30th birthday. I knew that we were having a party, but did not know anything else. He even drove me around Rochester blindfolded before the party so that I would not know where we were going. The party was held at the Rochester Athletic Club in the Neighborhood with a Mexican theme.

Jessica Halverson and myself.

The cake had a picture of Andy and I on a donkey wearing sombreros from our trip to Mexico.

They gave me the world's largest knife to cut the cake.

Then came the pinata. The kids each got a few swings at it. This is Noah Duenser.

Then Calie Dockter

Then her sister Ashley gave it a whirl.

Then Hannah tried. She poked at it. I guess we need to work with her on how to swing a bat :)

Then I got to swing at it. Of course Andy added a little challenge by moving it.

I was quite determined and after a couple of swings it went flying.

All the kids ran after the candy, except . . .

Hannah. She was completely devastated and kept saying that I broke it and I needed to put it back together. She wanted me to clean up the mess :) Hannah is quite the clean and orderly little girl.

She finally joined in after a little while.

We had lots of fun at the batting cages.

No comments: